Laser Dentistry in Upland
When it comes to advanced technology in modern dentistry, laser dentistry is the cream of the crop. This safe and efficient technology has been helping dentists treat patients for over twenty years, and is considered the gold standard for high-end dentistry.
Smileneeds Dental is committed to providing you with the most effective and beneficial dental methods available, which is why we provide laser dentistry for a number of procedures. Dr. Mariano Castro and his team have used this technology to enhance the smiles of countless patients in Upland and its surrounding communities. Schedule your next dental visit with us today!
The Benefits and Advantages of Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry uses a concentrated beam of light to perform various functions during dental procedures. The type and intensity varies depending on the treatment.
Laser treatment offers several advantages over traditional methods. The laser makes treatment more precise and efficient, so procedures take less time. Its precision also allows for cleaner results while affecting less of the surrounding tissue. This preserves more of the tooth and gum structure, and decreases the need for stitches and sutures used after a procedure.
Laser treatment is also less painful, reducing the need for anesthetics. Blood loss during and after treatment is also limited, and there is significantly less risk of bacterial infection.
What Can Laser Dentistry Do?
Lasers are used in dentistry for a broad spectrum of procedures, from restorative to cosmetic. Below are some of the most common applications of laser dentistry:
- Tooth Preparation: Lasers can be used to reshape a tooth in preparation for a filling or crown, with greater precision and maximum patient comfort.
- Teeth Whitening: Laser-activated bleach solution can speed the tooth whitening process for quick, stunning results.
- The dentist uses lasers to efficiently reshape the gum line for a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Biopsy: If soft tissue in the mouth appears unhealthy, the dentist may use lasers to perform a tissue biopsy in order to diagnose and treat dental health issues.
- Frenectomy: Children with certain malformations in the tongue or inner lips may gain improved eating and speech with laser treatment.
- Tumor Removal: Certain types of oral tumors may be shrunken or removed with laser dentistry.
First-Class Dentistry in Upland
Smileneeds Dental believes that providing a welcoming patient experience is just as important as cutting-edge treatment. Our friendly and professional staff provide each patient with an inviting and relaxing atmosphere, maximizing your comfort and making each visit an enjoyable one.
We are proud to provide exceptional dentistry to patients and families throughout Upland. Call to schedule an appointment today!